American Eagle Outfitters: Surprising In A Good Way



My cousins shop at American Eagle Outfitters. They are 12 and 15. Since I have a good decade on them, the preppy adolescent mecca one step up from Aeropostale and a few floors down from J.Crew wouldn't normally appeal to me.

However, don't let the rep deceive you. I went in to find a Xmas gift, and was greeted by a fantastic plaid shirt - in the men's section. Or boys in men's bodies section.

Regardless, the shirt has three redeeming qualities:

1. It's not cheap-looking.

2. My butt is covered, which is crucial when wearing leggings or skinny jeans without the ass of a 14-year-old model.

3. That obnoxious eagle emblem they stick on ALL their clothing is barely visible! As you'll see from above, it's sewn in a neutral grey that disappears within the plaid pattern.

Just say it's vintage - people usually leave you alone after that.

No comments: